HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) systems are not only systems needed in buildings and establishments, but also famous household essentials. They are responsible for the regulation of heat, air flow, ventilation, and air conditioning of your home.
HVAC systems control the overall climate of your home. They make proper adjustments especially when there are changes in outdoor temperature. During the winter season, HVAC systems work in keeping indoor temperature at your most comfortable preference. And during the hot season, HVAC systems work in regulating air temperature by providing necessary cooling.
These powerful systems not only control the temperature inside your home, they also improve the quality of air inside. HVAC systems nowadays are made automatic, meaning you don’t have to manually adjust the time and temperature settings.
Choosing the Right Control Valves for an HVAC System
A control valve is the single most important element in a fluid-handling system. With the development of new control valves in a globally competitive market, choosing the right valve is will have great effect in a system’s efficiency. There are different valves available on the market, and you have to first know the requirements needed for its usage, then pick the valve that meets those requirements.
- What are the maximum and minimum temperature and pressure requirements?
Always be knowledgeable on your house size as this will determine the kind of HVAC system that you will be needing.
- Calculate the required CV or the flow of water through a valve.
- Check for proper close-off rating.
- Make sure the valve is suitable for the system pressure rating.
Choosing the right control valves will be a step in having the right HVAC system suited for your house. It is always best to consult professionals for wider scope of information regarding HVAC systems, but it’s also good when you have basic knowledge on control valves and how HVAC systems work.
The following are the different types of control valves available in the market:
- Ball valves – designed to regulate the flow of water and steam in response to the demands of every HVAC system.
- Butterfly valves – high integrity components engineered for a wide range of HVAC applications.
- Globe valves – controls the flow of hot or chilled water and steam.
- Pressure independent control valves – designed to eliminate the need for separate balancing valves.
- Zone valves – provides economical and accurate control of hot or chilled water.